- JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
- JOB SEARCH
- VIEW APPLICATION STATUS
- VIEW APPLICATION STATUS
How we work
For decades, we have supported and developed extraordinary people, with great passion, working on important missions. By fostering a culture that values diversity, we benefit from a breadth of perspectives, insights, and experiences that enable the innovation and creativity one expects of a national laboratory. – Steven Ashby, Laboratory Director
I chose to work at PNNL because I felt that the work happening here has a real, and far-reaching, positive impact. Quality research with real-world implications. – Charmayne Lonergan, came from Florida to join PNNL in 2016
PNNL offers the best work and life balance. It is truly a great place to do transformative science and raise family. – Vijay Murugesan, came from Ontario, Canada to join PNNL in 2008
After accepting a postdoc position “in the middle of nowhere”, I grabbed the opportunity to stay. Now, I live in a green vacation spot near three rivers, and work with enthusiastic, smart scientists through the maze of scientific conundrums. – Kat Grubel, originally from Poland, came to PNNL from Connecticut in 2015
Working at PNNL and living in the Tri-Cities gives me the opportunity to learn and grow my career, while enjoying the relaxed, yet adventurous lifestyle of the Northwest. – Jessica Church, grew up in the Tri-Cities, joined PNNL in 2009
- ADAPT’s mission is to communicate topics related to disabilities awareness to the PNNL community, to impact the PNNL culture by providing improved workplace accessibility, and to develop PNNL’s reputation for being an inclusive and accepting workplace for individuals with disabilities.
- AROC seeks to encourage, develop, and promote professional growth and success of Asians, Asian Americans, and Pacific Islanders at PNNL. AROC will celebrate and share Asian and Pacific Islander cultures and values and build awareness of our diversity within PNNL and the broader community.
- BCC’s mission is to provide a supportive outlet for Black, African American, African, and Caribbean employees at PNNL. We seek to educate employees, promote cultural awareness, and inclusion, inspire the best versions of ourselves, and through leadership development and networking, pave the way for others.
- HOLA offers opportunities to learn about the Hispanic culture by providing events and forums to speak with members and become more informed and involved. We believe in promoting a community of cultural inclusion through networking, education, and outreach.
- NAIP aims to create an inclusive environment for professionals who identify as Native American or Indigenous. We promote Native American heritage through education, networking, and cultural and social opportunities. NAIP also supports the careers and higher education of the Native American and Indigenous people in the sciences and related fields of study.
- Prism seeks to promote a safe, inclusive space that fosters an accessible community among LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and additional identities) staff and allies at PNNL. An ally is someone who may not identify as LGBTQ+, but they support diversity, inclusion, and equality.
- SPARK’s mission is to create a culture of dignity and an environment where all staff can grow, share and emerge as their best selves. We provide opportunities for professional development, networking, leadership, and more. We think everyone accomplishes more with a supportive crew of like-minded people and champions.
- PNNL VETS seeks to create a sense of community and belonging for our service members. Incorporating our unique skills, we focus on service, community, purpose, and paying it forward. We identify and address challenges faced by Veterans and use our collective network to mentor each other and provide solutions at an organizational level.
THIS IS WHO WE ARE
At PNNL, we strive to embody a WE Culture, a culture where
- we all matter.
- we all see ourselves in the mission.
- we are valued and recognized for our contributions.
- we feel heard and appreciated for our whole selves.
- we are connected by our commitment to mission.
Every day we,
- Live our values of integrity, creativity, collaboration, impact, and courage
- Use inclusive language
- Assume the best intention from each other
- Show pride in the Lab and each other
- Communicate with intention and listen with compassion
- Receive acknowledgement and recognition for our contributions from every part of the organization
- Get to know one another beyond our job titles
Join Our Talent Community
See jobs by:Categories Locations
GET IN TOUCH
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is managed and operated by Battelle for the Department of Energy
If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.